Williams is a great place to live and vacation. If you happen to live in Williams why not take a “staycation” and visit some of the local sights. A staycation is when you enjoy vacation activities without having to leave your home area. Trip Advisor recently updated their list of great activities around Williams. Here are a few of the top things to do in Williams. See how many of them you can check off your staycation fun list.
- Grand Canyon Railway The Grand Canyon Railway is a great mode of transportation from Williams to the South Rim of The Grand Canyon. The whole family can sit back and enjoy the ride. The views are fabulous but for an extra special touch, check out the special glass roof section for adults only.
- Bearizona Wildlife Park Bearizona is approximately 160 acres. Visitors will drive through more than three miles of Ponderosa Pine Forest viewing North American animals in natural habitats when they visit. More animals are exhibited in Fort Bearizona, a beautiful 20-acre walk-thru area, along winding paths which is more of a “zoo” type setting.
- Grand Canyon Deer Farm For over 40 years, the Deer Farm has been enjoyed by animal lovers of all ages. Getting “hands on” close to such beautiful creatures is a rare opportunity. Only by raising them from babies allows for such intimate human contact. They work around the clock taking care of the animals so you can have a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Planes of Fame Air Museum Planes of Fame Air Museum was founded by Edward T. Maloney in 1957. The journey from 10 original aircraft to over 150 has been a long one. The Museum spans the history of manned flight from the Chanute Hang Glider of 1896 to the Space Age of Apollo. Aircraft are not only preserved, many have been restored to flight status. Check out the flight schedule!
- Pete’s Rt 66 Gas Station Museum
- Thunder Eagle Native Art in business since 1999 and has the largest selection of Native jewelry in Northern AZ. They work on quality upper-end pieces in both traditional and contemporary styles. Plus they have an extensive array of pottery, artwork, fetishes, knives, and so much more.
- Wild West Junction The Old West comes to life at the Wild West Junction, with special events, historical re-enactments, great food and good, wholesome, old-time fun for young and old alike. The Junction is built around the Legends & Lore of the Old West.
- Bill Williams Monument Park
- Golf For almost 100 years Williams has been home to what is now known as Elephant Rocks Golf Course. However, when it started out in the 1920’s it was far from the championship style course it is today. Read more about Elephant Rocks Golf Here.
- Big Toy Playground Big Toy Playground sounds so understated for what this is. WOW. If you are aged 14 or over, you are able to live out the dream of operating an excavator, backhoe or skid steer. Digging giant holes, moving mountains of dirt, maneuvering through an obstacle course, stacking towers of enormous tires, and playing backhoe basketball are but a few of the exciting activities offered.
Williams is a cool place to hang out, literally, during the summer months we have temperatures that average in the mid-70’s! Yes, that’s 30 degrees cooler than the Phoenix area making Williams a great second home location or a great place for a simple weekend getaway! Come have fun in Williams and stop by and see us for a free area activity guide and for information about purchasing in the area. We look forward to seeing you soon!