Savvy Scottsdale home buyers know that working with an experienced Realtor produces the best outcome for their investment dollar. However, some people like to try things on their own. For those DIY’ers, we have a few tips.
DIY Home Buyer Tips aka The Hard Way
- Do your Proper Prep before you start looking for a home
- Get Mortgage Preapproval documents to grab the seller’s attention.
- Research available Scottsdale neighborhoods to find one that fits your lifestyle.
- Spend hours/day searching for homes in your area that meet your needs.
- Spend hours/day searching available media for home price changes in your area so you can move quickly when they do.
- Read all listings in the area to find ones with the words “Must Move Quickly” or “Motivated Seller”.
- Once bargaining starts, you need someone who is adept at negotiations to garner the best outcome for your money.
Home Buyer Process The Easy Way
The first step is the same as above. Step 2, call Pete Baldwin 480.326.6521 at Platinum Realty Network and let him handle the process for you while you get your mortgage preapproval.