For those of us not born and raised in Arizona (which is quite a few of us), the first day of Spring is a wave goodbye to snow, ice and winter coats. However, living in Arizona, our first day of Spring is just a smooth transition from “just-right” weather to the on-set of a hot summer.
With yesterday being the first day of Spring, we wanted to share some Spring cleaning tips that are quick and easy. Just take a few minutes as you start each day and do one. You’ll be done in no time.
1. Change batteries in smoke, carbon dioxide and any other detectors you may have.
2. Remove cushions from couches and chairs and vacuum. Warning: you never know what you’ll find here.
3. Grab a Mr. Clean eraser and wipe down high-traffic areas such as hallways, entry doors frequently used and stair rails.
4. Wipe down ceiling fan blades.
5. Vacuum vent grates and change filters.
6. Go through your closet and donate or sell items you haven’t worn in the last year. The valley has numerous organizations that will accept donations (and pick them up from your house). Do some research and find the one that is fitting to you.
These are just a few tips to help you get your home deep cleaned a little more than usual!
Now, let’s get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather for a few more months.